Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fritz takes the high ground

Once in while, (rarely, but once in a while), I surrender the high ground to Fritz.



He is older than me after all, so it helps him to feel "in charge", and that makes him more easy-going in the long-run. I haven't told him yet that it's all calculated on my part: really, I'm in charge when he thinks he is. If he feels dominant, he's happy.



Mind you, the Feeders do point out to me ocassionally that I'm really wasting my time with my covert operations because, frankly, Fritz doesn't really mind as long as he gets his food and Feeders' love, and that he will countanance anything I do just as long as the food and love keeps flowing.

Mainly though, as long as the Kitty Cat Cafe is always open for Fritz, he's a happy camper, and happy to let me feel in charge.

11 comments:

LZ said...

He seems like he really does have it all figured out. Its nice of you to let him feel in charge now and then, I do that too.

Kaze

Daisy said...

Hmmm, I always thought that if I was the highest cat, I was the most important cat. Now I see that it might be a trick. I will have to think about this...

The Crew said...

Ernest, I know exactly what you mean. George is my older brother and he always wants to be in charge. It's all "blah, blah, I'm senior cat here, blah, blah". Whatever.

Sometimes I let him sit on my shelf.

Max S

Mickey's Musings said...

Hey Ernest,you are a nice cat.Letting Fritz have the high spot.He seems to be pretty laid back tho, so that makes it easier for you.I often let my younger sisfurs have their way. Like Fritz,all I want is food,a warm spot and scritches.
Purrs

Forty Paws said...

It's good to let the Top Cat feel that he is in charge. It does make life easier for the bottom feeders.

Oh, our desktop autumnal picture came with the computer software. It is titled, "Autumn". Tee hee. But Maw lufs it and wishes she were wherever it is at.

Luf, Us

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Dear Ernest, you are a great cat, to let Fritz feel in charge. You have a very big-hearted~!

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

I think Fitz has the right idea. Why waste your time trying to get ahead and be top cat? it's so much easier to accept things as they are and eat your fudz.

Jimmy Joe said...

Those are really cool pictures of you two. My momma was in New York City this past weekend and she said it was the first time she was bothered by how loud it is (she goes there a lot and lived there for a year). I hope you guys can get some naps in despite the noise.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

The Cat Realm said...

I think it speaks of a lot of maturity in yourself to help Fritz feel important if he needs that!
You are a very considerate cat!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Ernest, you are very thoughtful to let Fritz take the high ground. Sometimes it is humbling being in charge all the time.

Patty Nason said...

Meow - love your kitty photos! Would you like to enter them into Catster's World's Coolest Dog and Cat Show? We would love to have you enter! It's free, there's some awesome prizes, and you can vote on your favorite photos. Meow!