Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A bicycle (re-) made for two

The Feeders, once in a while, like to go for a bike ride. Usually they cycle beside along the Hudson River, starting here in the aptly named Riverside Park;



you can practically ride the length of Manhatan along this tow path, or so we're told.

It's New York, so the bikes must live in the apartment, in the "hallway", as we somewhat grandly call the bit after the front door. For me, it's a personal playground, indeed jungle gym ,



not to mention a fantastic scratching and chewing post, all in one. I also get to imagine, and enact, racing through town on important cat missions, the exact object of which I usually forget, except for the racing bit.



Feeder number one is not too keen on the erosion of his bike seat, but it's such a good foamy, destructible item, that I just had to add it to my list of "projects". Besides, I'm on important missons.



We're not the only people with bike storage challenges in New York : here's a picture the feeders took recently of a local restaurant's storage for the food delivery bikes:



Now, that really does look like a good climbing frame/scratching/chewing post to me!

2 comments:

Forty Paws said...

Oh yeah. That bike seat would be perfect for digging claws and teeth into!!! Oh yeah!
And that's a great cat tree. So nice of your feeders to provide it for you.

Luf, Us

The Furry Fighter said...

my meowmie keps her bike in her shed downstairs cos we climbed on it and got oily. she is very lucky to have a shed cos we live in central london and sheds are rare! the estate my mum lives on has 50 sheds but 180 flats you can see how fortunate she is!